Monday, March 5, 2012

Glitter- illusion- dots



Hello everyone!


This is my very first attempt on making a post on my first blog ever. I have taken pictures of my polished nails for some time, so I have a lot to show you. But first I have to learn how to blog and how to watermark the photos.

I thought I could start by trying to show the nailphotos I submitted to Chalkboard Nails dotting tool nailart contest, this weekend. To go to Sarahs blog, Chalkboard Nails, and find out all about the dotting tool nailart contest she is hosting, and see all the entries, click here.


My entry to Chalkboard Nails nail art contest:


I tried to make dots that should look like big glitter, with the dotting tool and various nailpolishes in a random order

Here you see the silver-purple color of the duochrome polish. It was much more difficult to capture than the silver or silver- green.

Indoor outdoor picture... with pigeons in the snow

I hope you liked my pictures! If you look at the other entries in this competition, you will see that there are a lot of beautiful designs, so I doubt I will win. But it was fun to come up with ideas, and I am so glad I partisipated, and excited about finally having a blog, even though it has been a lot to learn about how to do everything on the PC, and so difficult that I several times almost gave up. But my best friend helped me, again and again. And next time everything will not be new :-)

For this design, I used two Deborah Lippmann polishes; Wicked Game, and Happy Birthday on the tips. Then I added dots of nailpolish in some of the same colors that you find in the glitter.

I feel so good using the Deborah Lippmann polishes because they are cruelty free. It is even written on the bottlebox. I wish all the brands who do not test on animals, would mark their products too. To see Deborah Lippmanns collection klick here.



Lani





4 comments:

  1. Very pretty & pretty pictures, I like it! I too have taken pictures for a long time of my nails & nail art but just started my blog about a month ago. Good luck & welcome to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the positive feedback! It means a lot to me, because I need support to dare to continue blogging. I looked at your profile, and fully agree that it is therapeutic to paint the nails. Good luck to you too. Thanks for welcoming me.

      Delete