Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day nails #5: Hearts with Sweet Dreams


Hello everyone!




One of the manicures that I wanted to recreate was The Beauty Department's "Wasi Tape Glitter Heart" manicure. But I didn't have wasi tape, and wanted to try my new nail polish (Pieces Lilac Rose), and saw that the color of Deborah Lippmann Sweet Dreams is very similar. So I ended up with this monochrome fuchsia Valentine's Day mani. I used this step-by-step photo instruction from The Beauty Department, but I used different colors, and put one heart on each nail. Maybe I'll try to make an exact copy some time too.

Hearts with Sweet Dreams
Hearts with Sweet Dreams

Hearts with Sweet Dreams

I used:
Deborah Lippmann Sweet Dreams    (1 thick coat)
Pieces Lilac Rose    (I used 2 coats, but this is nearly a one- coater!)
Tape    (I made it less sticky before using it on the nails)
Scissors
Pen

As I have mentioned earlier, Pieces and Deborah Lippmann are not tested on animals :-D

This was used to make 'Hearts with Sweet Dreams'




What I did:

How I made 'Hearts with Sweet Dreams' 

How I made 'Hearts with Sweet Dreams' 


Wearing this made me realize how much I've missed Sweet Dreams. I don't know why I haven't used it more often. Maybe because I often use my untrieds?

Hearts with Sweet Dreams


Lani

1 comment:

  1. ohhh... beautiful nails!:)

    kisses from Poland!:)
    http://zlotapigmejka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete