Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter chicks (free range) & feathers. Stamping & water decals. TPC April


Happy Easter!



"Easter" is the nail art theme in some of the groups I'm in, and blue and yellow are two of the colors for Tripolish April. So this is also for the Tri Polish Challenge, and therefor you will find thumbnails at the end of this post.



Look how big this daffodil is! (I'm going to fertilize mine when I come home, and see if that helps...)



I started with 2 coats (3 coats on my thumb) of the pastel blue/ periwinkle Deborah Lippmann polish called Blue Orchid. It's my favourite from her new spring pastel collection called Spring Reveries Collection. I've already been wearing it a few times. Then I added 3 water decal chicks. Doesn't one look like a chick, one like a gosling, and one like a duckling? No matter which species, they're supposed be free range or wild. (I've showed how to use water decals here.) And then I stamped the yellow and gold feathers and gold stars on. The stamping plate I used is Konad m77.

Shade

Sun
Then I ruined the ring finger and middle finger nail before I could take photos, and removed the polish. But I didn't have time to redo them before travelling to visit family... So that's why the other fingers have a little tip wear.

sun

shade


I've struggled to get Seche Vite earlier. I have found it in one shop which is quite far away, or bought it online. So I was very happy when I found this bottle on H&M!!! :-) They also had a fast drying top coat of their own, that I'm going to try.



Products used:

Duri Rejuvacote (base coat)
Deborah Lippmann: Blue Orchid (blue/ periwinkle)
Water decals bought from Born Pretty Store (chicks)
Konad: SN Yellow (yellow stamping)
China Glaze: Passion (gold stamping)
Konad: m77 (feathers and stars)
Seche Vite (top coat)

Deborah Lippmann is Cruelty- free.



Did you make Easter nail art this year?



How do you spend your Easter holiday? I'm going home today...


Lani