Sunday, October 26, 2014

52 Week PICK N MIX Challenge - Grey & colour - freehand nail art


Hello everyone!



This was made just a few hours before the deadline. I started with grey nails, and made a grey - pink gradient with grey, white and pink nail polish. The flowers were painted with acrylic craft paint, one angled brush and one round brush. I had just seen this tutorial, so although my nail art doesn't look like that, Cutenails/ Tartofraises is the one who inspired me. And this nail art made by ALPS Nail Art, so that's why I used these colors.



Products used:

Duri Rejuvacote
Inglot: #671
OPI: My Boyfriend Scales Walls
GOSH: #598 Bubble Gum
Sponge
Angled brush
Round brush
Acrylic craft paint from Panduro:
Rose
Titanium White
Lamp Black
Seche Vite




Inglot: 671

I used 2 coats of Inglot: 671, but I would have used 3 if I wasn't going to make a gradient. The lovely purple shimmer that I see in the bottle doesn't show on the nail, but I think it's a pretty grey color.

Inglot is not tested on animals, and it's as close to being vegan as possible; The kind man in the Inglot store explained that they use products like bee wax, and real hair in some of the brushes they sell, but that they also have animal free alternatives. So although no animals are killed to make Inglot products, they are not vegan, if I understood it correctly. :-)


Lani


9 comments:

  1. It's so delicate and pretty - very romantic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love the base color and the flowery design. Great choice of colors indeed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very artistic, first I thought they are decals, and after reading your post I realized they are hand painted. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first plan was actually to use water decals, but after I made the gradient, I found out that I had used the wrong shade of grey... so then I quickly found my brushes... Thank you! ♥

      Delete
  4. awesome color combo, and those flowers looks great :D

    ReplyDelete